The Public Works Department reminds residents that there will be no curbside collection on Monday, January 16 due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Curbside collection of recycling and trash will be on a holiday schedule with a one day delay starting Tuesday, January 17. Therefore, Monday’s trash and recycling routes will be picked up Tuesday and Tuesday’s trash and recycling routes will be picked up on Wednesday and so on through Saturday (when Friday’s routes will be picked up).
Please read below for details on building closings and preparedness measures Melrose DPW will be taking today to keep residents safe in the inclement weather:
- Road pre-treatment began at 11:00am
- At 1:00pm there will be 25 city plows and 52 contractor plow trucks on hand
- Melrose Public Library will be closing at 2:00pm
- All school buildings will be closed at 3:00pm and any activities after that time will be cancelled
We are expecting about six inches of snow to fall today (Saturday), starting in the late morning, with the heaviest snowfall coming in the afternoon into early evening.
• DPW crews will be out salting and sanding the streets in the morning.
• All trash, recycling, and Christmas trees will be picked up as usual (Friday’s trash will be picked up on Saturday because of the holiday schedule).
• The Post-Holiday Drop-Off Recycling Event will take place today (Saturday) as scheduled, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• The DPW Resident Service Office is open and will be staffed starting at 8 a.m. Please call DPW at 781-665-0142 if you have any problems or questions.
Emergency repairs at the Glendower pump station have been completed. You may have experienced a reduction in pressure during the emergency repair. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Recycling all your post-holiday stuff has never been easier! Looking forward to seeing you on Jan. 7th. More details in the flier below, and in our earlier blog post.
The DPW Operations Facility and Recycling Center (City Yard) will be closing at 1:30pm on Friday, Dec. 23rd and reopening on Tuesday, Dec. 27th at 7:30am. The City Yard will also be closing at 1:30pm on Friday, Dec. 30th and reopening on Tuesday, Jan. 3rd. Happy Holidays, Melrose!
The 2017 Curbside Solid Waste and Recycling Collection Schedule is now available! This schedule (see below) will be mailed out to Melrose residents this week. Copies will also be available at the City Yard starting on Thursday, Dec. 22.
A PDF file of the collection calendar can also be downloaded from the city website: http://www.cityofmelrose.org/calendars-schedules-routes/.
Please note the additional recycling info, including a list of the 2017 recycling events.